|See the list of suggested activities for Compassion Games 2016|
Join SiVIC, Carry the Vision, and other community groups in a coopetition* to make Silicon Valley into Compassionate Silicon Valley!
*coopetition= cooperative competition
SiVIC is participating in our second annual Compassion Games: “Survival of the Kindest Coopetition.” We invite you to help us challenge and inspire our neighbors to make our community a safer, kinder, more just, and better place to live!
The Compassion Games calls all people from all sectors and all parts of our world to share the vision of justice and equality, and collaborate to create a more connected, caring community. Together as engaged citizens, we can strengthen what’s already working in our communities, and produce a collective impact that is greater than the work each of us, or any one of our organizations, can produce individually.
The 3D’s of Compassion:
- Compassion for Others
- Compassion for Oneself and/or
- Compassion for the Earth
To find out more about Compassion Silicon Valley, go to compassiongames.org/silicon-valley-ca/
Sign up and get ready to put Silicon Valley on the Compassion Map!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, or to tell us about how you have been acting with compassion.
HOW TO PLAY IN THE COMPASSION GAMES
You can participate in the Compassion Games as an individual, as a “Secret Agent of Compassion,” through the “Compassion Today” app on your smartphone, or as part of a larger congregation or other group.
Individuals can play by:
- Carrying out an act of compassion – any random act of kindness and then report that act at crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report. In the report enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team Name and “#CompassionSiliconValley” in Team Hashtag fields. Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
- Signing up to be a “Secret Agent of Compassion” – you will receive daily mission briefings to act on. For more info, click: compassiongames.org/compassion-games/secret-agent/
- Downloading the Compassion Today App on your smart phone from “AppStore, GooglePlay, or Amazon” (Free). This is a one-stop access point for Compassion Games. For More info, see: compassiongames.org/compassion-games/compassion-today/
CONGREGATION OR GROUP
Teams can play by:
- Organizing service projects (acts of compassion or promote compassion) for the congregational team or group team.
- Organizing events open to the public that foster help, support, or compassion for others.
- Many different examples of how people are playing can be found at crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report
- After the event, report it at Compassion games website. Please enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team name field and “#CompassionateSiliconValley” in the Team Hashtag field. Enter your organization name in the “Affiliated Group, Organization” field.
- Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
- Remember to let SiVIC know of your activities/events at CG2015@sivicouncil.org, so that we can publicize them!
- Team Leader reports on this act of compassion (Service project) at: crowdsource.storymaps.esri.com/stories/compassion-report In the report enter “Compassionate Silicon Valley” in Team Name and “#CompassionateSiliconValley” in Team Hashtag fields. Click Bullet “Faith, Interfaith” in Categories field to get our acts appropriately counted.
For more info: Contact Girish Shah:
email: email@example.com or Cell: (408) 373-3564.
You can also read more about the Compassion Games from Jon Ramer and California coordinator Sande Hart at the Charter for Compassion website.