- This event has passed.
Journeying Together: Faith, Spirituality and Mental Health
May 10, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$25
Did You Know?
- 1 in 4 persons sitting in our pews has a family member struggling with mental health issues;
- 1 in 5 of our youth experience mental health problems;
- A majority of individuals with a mental health issue go first to a pastor, priest, rabbi, imam, minister, faith leader for help;
- Studies show that clergy are the least effective in providing appropriate support and referral information;
- Our faith communities can be caring congregations for persons living with a mental illness and their family members.
Learn…. Share…. Pray…. Break Bread…Be Inspired to:
- End the Silence in Our Faith Communities about Mental Health Disorders;
- Reduce the Stigma of Mental Illness;
- Leave with skills, resources, and ethical framework for being with and advocating for individuals and families affected by Mental Health issues.
SPEAKERS: Rev. Dana Bainbridge; Evelyn Tirumasali, MPH; Margaret R. McLean, Ph.D.; Thomas G. Plante, Ph.D.; George Pappageorge, LMFT; Rev. Kim Englander Simran Singh, MD; Sr. Nancy Kehoe, Ph.D
$25, lunch included
NOTE: No walk-in registration accepted